Coco Loco Wetsuit Repair Kit Instructions
Add years to the life of your wetsuit & kit. Repair, reinforce & protect your neoprene kit in seconds.
For use on all types of neoprene & yulex wetsuits, gloves, boots, hoods, vests & all other neoprene accessories. It can also be used to mend swimsuits, board shorts, waders & a whole lot more.
- Household Iron
- Tea towel / Cloth / Greaseproof Paper for a protective cover.
Iron should not come in direct contact with neoprene surface.
We recommend testing heat, dwell time & pressure with a small patch of the repair fabric first on a non-critical part of the garment for the best adhesion results.
- Wash your neoprene kit with Coco Loco Wetsuit Shampoo to remove any harmful residues, then dry-out kit completely.
- Pre-heat iron at medium to high temperature.
- Cut repair patch to overlap damaged area by at least 20mm on all sides*
- Place damaged garment on a flat, firm surface ensuring area of repair can be pressed flat.
- Place the repair patch over the damaged area with the white side down.
- Cover the patch carefully with a tea towel / cloth / greaseproof paper.
- Using the iron, press firmly through the cover onto the patch with even pressure for 10 seconds. Lift then apply for a further 10 seconds using circular motions over all areas of the patch. For best adhesion the patch has to be hot enough on all areas for the white glue backing to weld.
- Leave for a few minutes to cool, then test for secure adhesion. A second heat application with more pressure & dwell time may be required.
*For large rips/tears/holes/gouges: Repair with using a patch on the inside & outside of the neoprene kit.